Our annual weekend adventure, Grief Takes a Hike, is designed for families who have experienced the death of a family member or other significant individual. This unique weekend allows families to experience the therapeutic value of nature – sharing and processing feelings while enjoying indoor and outdoor activities, like relaxing at the beach or by the campfire, exploring nature, and participating in crafts and even family relay races!
Grief Takes a Hike teaches families to:
- IDENTIFY positive and helpful coping skills
- UNDERSTAND how loss-of-life grief affects adults and children differently
- LEARN the benefits of self-care and how parents can balance their grief with their child’s grieving needs
- RECOGNIZE the value of the support group process
- FIND hope after loss, and
- ENJOY activities as a family.
In conjunction with Presence Health, Fox Valley Hands of Hope provides transportation for GTAH families from FVHH offices in Geneva, IL to our weekend retreat in southern Wisconsin and back.
Meals and lodging are included.
Spanish-language interpretation is available upon request.
If your family, or a family you know, could benefit from our annual Grief Takes a Hike program, we invite you to email at firstname.lastname@example.org.