Helping children who have experienced the death of someone they love is one of the most difficult tasks a parent can ever face. Tommy’s Kids Summer Camp, an extension of Tommy’s Kids Support Group, is available to assist you with that difficult task and to help your child learn healthy ways of coping.
Tommy’s Kids Summer Camp is a five-day day camp where children ages 5-12 come together to talk about their loss, remember special times, meet new friends and have fun. They will be given the opportunity to share stories about their loved ones, participate in arts and crafts and play games. Other camp activities include water activities and animal-assisted therapy dogs.
Tommy’s Kids Camp is facilitated by AMITA Health Adventist St. Thomas Hospice staff and volunteers who have received specialized training in childhood development and grief.
Style of Camp: Day Camp, 9 am-3:30 pm
- When: daily (rain or shine) from 9 am–3:30 pm; June 24-28, 2019
- Where: Katherine Legge Memorial Park, Hinsdale, IL
- Cost: $50/camper (scholarships available for families in need)
- Maximum Limit: 30 campers; registrations accepted on a first-come first-serve basis with priority given to first-time participants
- What to Bring: Sack lunch with a drink (snacks and supplies will be provided); comfortable shoes
To learn more, contact Laura Cottrell at 630.856.6985 or Laura.Cottrell@AMITAhealth.org.